Monday, August 25, 2008

Watching you grow!

Kaelyn, It was a fun time watching you grow in your Mommy's tummy. You were such an important part of our lives even before we could touch you. It was much the same then as now. Whenever we would go to dinner, we always asked "What does Kaelyn want tonight?" Your mommy always seemed to know what you wanted! Of course, that was after we knew you were Kaelyn. On Mother's Day that year, I received a great card that said, "Happy Mother's Day...... Love, Kaelyn Elizabeth Hampton." How exciting, a baby girl. There's lots of stories to tell about times between then and now, but you've just passed a most important milestone that I want to talk about today. You've started kindergarden!! I still remember the day when your Daddy started school. You and I have talked about it. He was just as precious to me as you. Some days I wish he was still a little boy, but then I wouldn't have you. He had a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Evans. You've met her a few times. I'm sure your teacher, Mrs. Bryant is going to be just as great. Mostly because you are great. I know that Gramma has to get a little "mean" with you sometimes, but that's just a part of helping you grow up to be a respectful and loving young lady. You are a smart and beautiful little girl. Always remember that you are God's child first and you will be just fine. And as long as your Gramma is breathing, I will always be here for you, even sometimes when you may not want me to be. I love you so much, Sweet Pea. Have fun at school and "Stay Green".

1 comment:

Michael said...

I can't believe Kaelyn is already starting Kindergarten. Seems like just yesterday I was in Chattanooga waiting for the phone call that she was born.

Hey Kaelyn, learn to color in the lines I hear Kindergarten teachers love that.