Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Christmas message to my grandchildren

I'm a bit behind on my posts, but didn't want to pass up this moment. Christmas is such a magical time of year. It's a beautiful time of year as everyone lights up their homes with decorations and everywhere you go, there is excitement in the eyes of children. Michael once told me that there is nothing more beautiful than seeing a Christmas tree without your glasses! Although I don't wear glasses, I will never forget that year when he handed me his glasses to look through. You see, me looking through his glasses gave a similar appearance as when he looked without them. It was a very beautiful mass of lights. But the thing the most important about Christmas is to remember what the celebration is all about. You see, without Jesus, there would be no good cheer and no presents. The giving of gifts wouldn't happen if God had not given us the gift of his son, Jesus. The wise men brought gifts to the Baby Jesus and we continue the tradition by giving gifts to each other. So even though it is great to get gifts and exciting to buy gifts for the people we love, always remember to wish a "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and thank God for sending him to us, so that we might share the feelings of love with all of those around us. I love you so and pray I get to spend many more Christmases with you and some day watch you as you delight in the joy of Christmas with my great-grand-children. Because next to God, my family is the very most important part of my life. I've included a few of my favorite shots for this year.

3 comments:

Michael said...

The first thing I did this year was look at the tree without my glasses or contacts. It still puts me in awe.

Enjoyed spending the weekend with you. Thanks for the gifts but most of all thanks for the good cheer.

Love you.

Corneice said...

OK, a comment on my own blog. We really did give Reed more than a box. He just liked the box!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful message for such a loving family.